Saturday, April 30, 2011

Proactive Toner Review

Product name: Revitalizing Toner
Product company: Proactiv Solutions
Overall Rating: 94%
Price: $19.95 including cleanser and repairing treatment
Pros: contains glycolic acid, great chemical exfoliant, very effective, get results quickly, fades acne scars, smells good, great price if you buy the 3-step system, my favorite toner of all time (i have 6 at the moment and prefer this one by a landslide).
Cons: you have to order it with the whole set, unless you buy it in a kiosk at a mall but then it will cost WAY more/

This is the toner that I have been using for the past months or so. I had severe acne before I went on proactive. I started when my acne was at it's worst and getting worse. I had tried so many different things to treat my acne but I decided it was time to go on proactive. Let me tell you something; currently, I have the best skincare routine I've ever had in my whole life. I don't only use proactive products, but they are the main ones I use. This toner is pretty amazing if you ask me. The reason people use and need toners is because after you wash your face, your skin's Ph level is distorted. Ph levels tell how alkaline acidic something is and your skin should have a balance of somewhere in between (about 5 on a scale of 14). When you wash your face, your Ph level changes, striping your skin of it's natural defenses and making it more susceptible to damage and bacteria from the environment. This is where toner comes in handy. Toning restores your skin back to its natural Ph level therefore protecting your face from worsening.
It's hard to prove that the toner does this but I believe it does work. Also toner removes any excess face wash, makeup, dirt, or dead skin cells that are left on your face after washing. This is one thing that amazes me every time I use the proactive toner because you can literally see everything its removed on the cotton pads I use to apply it. Most of the toners I've used don't have this same result, so I know that the proactive toner is better in this way.
However, the main thing about the toner that impresses me is that it contains glycolic acid. It is essential to exfoliate your skin, and if the exfoliant is gentle enough you should do it daily. Some dermatologists recommend chemical exfoliants rather than physical exfoliants because they dissolve off the dead skin without you scrubbing at your face and risking irritating your skin. I would say that glycolic acid is probably the most recommended active ingrediant for this. One thing that I don't like is that it is very hard for me to find any skincare products with glycolic acid in them so I was ecstatic when I found out that this toner contains some. The toner does a very good job at chemically exfoliating because I have noticed a big improvement in my skin an that my acne scars are fading away much faster. I am pretty much in love with this toner. Another great thing is that you get results very quickly with this. Just make sure you use it twice a day, consistently and never skip a use!
I like the smell of proactive products so that's always a good thing. Also the packaging is amazing because a bunch of toners I've had have a screw-off top that exposes a pretty wide hole that you have to get the product out of, but this toner is in a bottle with a very small opening that you can squirt exactly how much product you need through it. This eliminates the mess and hassle of larger openings.
Overall, I love this toner and would repurchase it. In fact, I am repurchasing it because mine is half-way gone already and I don't think I can live without it! Okay we all know I can but I really do love this toner.

Recommend? YES! 
I recommend this product for everyone who wants nice, healthy, smooth, glowing, clean skin. If you don't have acne I still highly recommend this product!

No comments:

Post a Comment